Monday 30 January 2012

Day 1 keto

I'm reassured it'll get easier. Good job. I feel like I've spent the whole day examining nutritional values, weighing, cooking, feeding, then starting over.

This was not helped when I left 21g of de-crumbed fish fingers to cool down, to later discover the cat had stolen them . So I had to do them again.

Hope has been a little trooper. Obviously! And taken it all in her stride. No issues *touch wood*. Hasnt even cried when I've pricked her 3 times to check her glucose and ketones.

No ketones as yet. I must be patient. It'll take a few days for her metabolism to switch energy source. Though I'm sceptical as to whether the 2:1 ratio will be enough. We'll see. I'll be keen to move up to 3/4:1, but the dietician feels this is the safest way to do it as an outpatient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie