Friday 17 June 2011

Dear Tesco II

Dear Tesco
After just leaving your store in tears, feeling frustrated and discriminated, I am writing to you today to inform you if my intention to contact both the local and national press.
Despite my pleas to you since November to provide a suitable trolley for my disabled daughter, and despite numerous members of your staff taking on board my requests and promising to deal with the situation (both in store and from customer services) I still find myself more than six months on struggling to carry out my shopping.

After giving up on in store staff who made promises, I wrote to yourselves at the start of may. My letter to yourselves can be seen on my daughters blog. Www.honkeyplonk.blogspot.com (2nd or 3rd post down). Upon receipt of this, I did receive a call from someone called Rachel (?) who apologised profusely, and assured me she was on the case, and that she'd call me back by the end of the week. I'm no longer surprised by the fact she never called back.

Your disregard for mine and my daughters needs, in my opinion amounts to discrimination. Fortunately for you, my daughter is going into hospital on Monday, so I am unable to get the press ball rolling, but I assure you, it will be at the top of my to do list upon her discharge (hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday).

Yours sincerely
Caroline Matthews

2 comments:

  1. shame on them hun.xx love anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tell them Caroline. You have to be Hope's voice and you are doing great at getting all her needs met. I agree with Anne - shame on Tescos! If you give us the details we will also write and complain on your behalf. It makes me so angry when there is this inequality. I hope you also get compensation my lovely and can at least get some shopping out of it.
    Clearly they can't even imagine how hard it is to get a disabled child ready and leave the house. To have a wasted journey, and be out of stuff at home, is unacceptable.
    Kick their ass!

    Rachel, David, James XXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie